Oh IHM we love you for this brilliant tag…. and it was passed to me by IHM as well as Ritu
She says If you are woman
Have you ever wanted something that is considered ‘manly’ ? Like a basketball, a cell phone, a dog, a camera or a new laptop? A new car or motor bike? Ever wanted to be a pilot? A doctor or not a nurse? And the manliest want of them all – The remote!
As a kid did you enjoy playing with a bat and a ball?
There was a time when books were considered ‘manly’, women authors had to pretend to be men – would you say books are still rather manly – women should want to embroider and crochet?
So here is the list of my sins which have done
- As a school girl I used to play cricket… yes to all who know me now this will be a shocker as I hate the game now (that is actually due to the fact I think its over hyped in India). I along with the help of our PT teacher in school had actually formed a cricket team and I was the captain😀 played for about 2 yrs
- I have been driving for 14 years now and I love driving. Speed gives me thrills, I love racing.. I love my long drives when I am the one on the steering wheel… I even drive a SUV (Tata Safari) with ease… I have done a Delhi-Blore drive with N and Delhi-Leh is on soon to be accomplished list… My top speeed in India is is 180kmph and for a long time between N and me I had the record of the highest speed of 170kmph , he has it now for 185kmph… must beat him to it soon🙂 While we are on driving, I love go carting a sport… There was a time when me and N regular on the go-carting track racing against each other🙂
- I love love love love my books, always will have a book in my handbag, my car, at my bedside table and I never understand why are books considered manly?
- I have done white water rafting, para-sailing, bungee jumping, water skiing, snorkelling and diving🙂 and rest of the adventure sports are in my bucket list too
- Moved to a new city and lived all by myself renting a flat and totally enjoyed it
- I share and enjoy all kinds of humour specially dirty humour😉
- I enjoy drinking and have a policy of never say no to beer, so cheers😉
- Technology like cameras, cell phones, laptops and yeah internet are my area of expertise in the household… anything needs to be done on this is my duty by default
- I have travelled without any male companion and even alone fearlessly at all times of the night…1 am coming back from office to heading back home after partying till 3 in the morning😉
- Did the eternal sin of speaking my mind out specially being a girl, if I dont like something I voice it
And I still love my chocolates and roses…..
I still can shop at any time of the day for anything and for however long…
I still love cooking and baking
I still love my jewellery
and yes I cry at the drop of a hat and want my man to pamper me😉
And while we are at it I have to share this something I have wanted to do at one point of time… (though I am glad I didnt do it😉 )
Remember all those hindi movies in which hero and herione will have an argument with each other saying that they are equal and they would come up with a series of thing that could be done by both and finally always it would boil down to the guy being able to remove his clothes and the girl cant… So there was a time I would wish to be able to do that but guys if u think thats the only thing u can do which we can’t go ahead we dont mind😉
And though I love my blue jeans I wont want to be stuck to them for next 12 yrs… so here are the 12 bloggers I tag
The men in the list this is what u have to do
Have you ever wanted something that only women are supposed to want – like bags, shoes, clothes, creams, perfumes, babies, flowers? A peaceful home and a happy family? Have you ever been afraid of the dark or of insects?
As a kid did you ever want to play ‘teacher-teacher’, cooking or did you like playing with a doll? Have you ever enjoyed cooking? Bought something in pink? Loved chocolates?