T is for temptation… chocolate temptation
Need I say anything else :) and that makes this post eligible for a Wordless Wednesday too :)
PS: thank u all for sending in those icing recipes, i am having a ball trying all those out :) blogsphere does rock
Edited to add : recipe on popular demand
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup pwd sugar
- 2/3 cup ordinary sugar
- 2/3 cup curd
- 1/3 cocoa pwd
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 11/2 cup(200 gm) plain flour
- 1 tsp soda bicarb
- ½ cup (90 gm) oil
- ½ cup cold milk
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1tsp rum/brandy (optional)
Chocolate Cream Filling
- 150 gm cream (3/4 cup)
- 3 tbsp pwd sugar
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa pwd
- ½ tbsp vanilla essence
- 50 gm fresh cream
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 slabs (40 gm each) dark amul/nestle/bournville
- Grease an 8-9 inch round tin. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/350 degrees F
- To prepare cake, mix ordinary sugar, curd, vanilla essence and cocoa in a pan. Beat well till sugar dissolves. Keep aside
- Beat pwd sugar and eggs till frothy and double in volume.
- Add oil to the eggs gradually, beating all the time
- Sift flour and soda together
- Add ½ the flour and ½ the beaten eggs to the cocoa mixture. Mix well. Add the left over eggs and flour and mix gently till smooth. Bake at 180 for about 40 mins. Remove from oven and cool.
- Cut through the cake horizontally with a sawing motion with a serrated knife. Separate it, keeping the inside surfaces facing up.
- Mix ½ cup cold milk with 1 tbsp sugar and rum. Soak the cake pieces with this milk.
- To prepare filling, beat chilled cream with sugar, cocoa and essence till soft peaks form. Beat further carefully till stiff peaks are formed
- Place a piece of cake on a serving plate. Spread the chocolate cream and invert the second piece of cake on it.
- To prepare topping, break softened chocolates into small pieces. Heat cream in a heavy bottom pan on low heat. DO NOT BOIL. Add chocolate pieces and butter and stir continuously till chocolate melts.
- Pour this over cake immediately. Spread with a long knife dipped in cold water. Keep in fridge for 30 min for icing to set.
- Decorate as you want
Recipe Source : originally Nita Mehta’s bakes and cakes, sent to me by gracious Uma