Yesterday or was it day before me and Kiran were chatting and we generally thought its been long we have celebrated motherhood (no please I dont need a reminder that Mothers day just went by :P) So decided to make a new tag, here is what Kiran says about it
It’s been a while since us Mommybloggers came up with something to celebrate, well, mommyhood, so the lovely Monika and I came up with this. A tag that has us list out five lessons of life that Mommyhood has taught us, these could be sweet, bitter, funny, touching, whatever. These could be survival tips or cooking tips, or something as simple as the best thing to get puke smell out of hair.
So, the rules are simple. Put the badge up. Write out five lessons that Mommyhood taught you. And tag five mommybloggers
1. “You can never break the baby” yeah saying that I might sound like a monster mother but that was what my mother told me when I became a mother, I looked at her and rolled my eyes when she told me that but now being a mother myself for 3.5 years I have learnt the exact same thing. And this is my advice to all new mothers be careful but not be scared what you do remember “You can never break the baby”
2. It taught me how precious sleep is and how being a light sleeper is the biggest curse of my life 😛 Though touchwood Ojas has not been a child how has troubled me much much in the night but still waking up in the night for the feeds, sometimes to just calm them and now for the night training and attempting to go back to sleep when they do is so damn tough, it makes you appreciate the sleep that you always took for granted and makes you realise that taking a nap at 11am in the morning may not be such a bad idea 🙂
3. That mothers are elastic as Kiran rightly puts it, Its made me much more confident in multitasking, its made me a better time manager, its made me realise that 24hours are really quite a lot of time if I have to do a never ending list of tasks, that in 24 hours I can do much more than I ever imagined, that if I was feeling tired before mommyhood in those 24 hours it makes me now wonder what was I thinking 😉 that if I have to finish my to-do list which is never ending in itself for a mother.
4. Its taught me that howmuch ever I love my child, may be more than I love myself – I need timeouts for myself. I need me time and I need it regularly. I need time when I dont have baby talk anymore, I need adult conversation, I need my books, I need my spa, I need my online time and I need my work. All I all what I need to say that though my life will never be like my life pre mommyhood but I still need some part of that life alive for sanity
5. That whatever has happened in the day, how much ever the day sucked when I snuggle with Ojas in the night, his arms tight wrapped around my neck, his nose rubbing against mine and he sweetly giving me a sweet kissie on the cheek the world just seems perfect, all my worries melt away and I swear to myself that I can do anything just anything for that child of mine
And now the tagging 5 other mom’s…so here goes the list
The mad momma – because no one glorifies motherhood as she does and her motherhood posts are the ones I love most
Smitha – because her is one of the most balanced approach to motherhood
Shilpa – because I want to hear it from a new mother 🙂
Ritu – because well if she has two such smart boys she has lot to share ofcourse
Mystic – because I really really want popol to make a come back on the blog… well this can be a start right?
PS: yeah I know this is my second post of the day but I was a day behind so thought of catching up