The blog is on a short break as I am travelling to Rajasthan and Delhi… would be back in Bangalore on 13th Feb and see u all than…
U might see some scheduled posts the likes of WW’s just to keep giving u a reminder of my existence…
So see u after the break and till than don’t post too much and crowd my reader, be kind folks
Another Chance is the second novel by Ahmed, I have read first one Love, Life and All that Jazz (read review here). Like Love Life and All that Jazz this book is about relationships too. Like Love, Life and All that Jazz is about love, friendship, losing and gaining… Like Love, Life and All that Jazz its a book about our generation… the current youngsters (can I still call myself that?) but yet the two books are very different.
Another Chance is a primarily a story of Ruheen who is drop dead gorgeous but doesn’t know how to handle life particularly her love life… right from school time she is running from one relation to other and the book is all about the choices she makes and how her life takes her through as a result of these choices. The losing of one man important to her because of an abusive ex boyfriend, dealing with an abusive disaster of a marriage, living in a new coutry with a new identity to regaining the only man who really mattered in her life and moving to a live in relation with her. The book also deals with a lot of modern day problems like Work Life Balance and how it can kill a relationship, friendships turning into love…. divorces, miscarriages and how both the couple are mostly clueless on how to deal with the emotions post it. Its a book which makes you face to face to the reality of the life we are living
The only thing I didnt enjoy too much in the book was the fact that it felt repeating itself at places and I think some people may have a problem accepting the fast pace of life it depicts in every angle in this book but I think lets face thats a reality not far if it hasn’t arrived that is….
Another thing that stuck me when I was reading this book was the clear growth of Ahmed one can feel as an author, while Love, Life and All that Jazz was raw and hitting… Another Chance is a mature book…
Last Words : A good fast read ideal about relationships in todays generation, perfect as a travel companion
Book Another Chance
Authors Ahmed Faiyaz
Price Rs 195/-
And that completes my first book of the South Asian Challenge I took
When I saw this at MM’s I knew it had to be done. Its one of her old posts reposted and such a fun tag
20 years ago I . . .
1. was preparing for my first board exams (ok I was pretending to prepare )
2. was totally hooked to the songs of Maine Pyar Kiya (yes I am that old )
3. was totally smitten by my PT teacher
10 years ago I . . .
1. was still living in Delhi a city I love, a city where I grew up
2. was thinking of settling down with my ex not that it happened and as everyone says all for ones good… life couldn’t have been better without N
3. used to travel 30kms one way for work
5 years ago I . . .
1. was 15 kgs lighter
2. Was dead busy in work and working till 2am every night
3. used to party hard every weekend, u see there was no ojas till than
3 years ago I . . .
1. was a bundle of nerves all confused, yes I was a first time new mum
2. was praying for 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep and some alone time with N
3. was anxious about the first trip a little more than month old ojas was going to make to a very very cold Delhi
1 year ago I . . .
1. came on TV for the first time and probably the last too
2. was looking forward to the delhi trip and my mum’s big event her retirement
3. was going strong on my exercise and diet (sadly that was last time I was regular with it)
So far this year I . . .
1. have decided get back to full time work
2. have already done a camping trip, a trip to rajasthan is planned for next week and delhi is on cards in feb (touchwood)
3. finished reading 6 books already
Yesterday I . . .
1. I went for a facial and pedicure in preparations of the wedding & vacations coming up
2. was answerless to the endless questions of ojas yet again
3. got my first ever Louis Vuitton handbag
Today I . . .
1. have just woken up and had a cup of masala chai
2. played some idiotic but most loving early morning quilt games with ojas
3. am making adai for breakfast
Tomorrow I will . . .
1. drive to N’s village a place I have fallen in love with
2. attend the first close marriage in N’s side after my own wedding
3. Have a lot of fun in the fields
In the next (coming) year I will . . .
1. inshallah be working again
2. hopefully be fitter than this year
3. make the leh drive happen
In the next minute I will tag . . .
1. Swaram 2. Prats 3. Pixie (because they all need to write something) and everyone else who wants to take it
ETA : the pic of the bag on demand though there was a link to the pic
I have heard from a lot of people that some people leave a deep mark on you but is it possible that someone whom you have never met leaves such a mark on you. Yes let me tell you its very much possible. Such is a girl I know through her writing Tejaswee Rao, her wonderful Letter to Future I now know by heart, a girl I know through her strong very strong mother. A girl whom I came to know more when I met her mom our dear IHM in my last visit to Delhi… where every corner of her house had her presence
A girl whose name itself means immense illumination before which the light of all others seems dim. A girl who always brought light to others life.
A girl who will always live in our hearts, our thoughts with her lovely words and the sweetest smile I have ever seen
A girl I will always remember with a smile just as she wanted… Happy Birthday Tejaswee
Normally when I write these letters I have only thing to say but my love for you is so much that I have multiple things to tell u, so lets get started shall we
Yes when u suddenly without informing put an injection in my mouth it hurts and I may shudder and no it doesn’t mean that I am afraid of injections and even if I am there is no need for you to laugh at it
I do not like let me make it clear by saying again I do not like to stare at a person who is making faces and digging into my mouth to work on my teeth, I prefer to rather close my eyes and no you can’t tell me “Open your eyes I want you to see what I am doing” Damn why?
Yes I am nervous and its paining when u are trying to extract the tooth and when the heavy duty instrument in your hand slips from your hand and hits my upper teeth and lips TWO times I might react, it actually pains you know sir and when you say “There is no need to panic, its just a slip of instrument” watch out my hand sometimes has a tendency to slip and hit the opposite person’s face too
And why don’t you decide that whether you need a stich on my wound or not once and for all… after your working on my teeth for 1 hour trying to extract it, its really irritating standing there and listening to the fact that I don’t really need a stich but you will put one anyways so that it feels faster, damn you were lucky that my tooth was paining so much that I couldnt talk else God knows what the result would have been
still in pain and suffering
PS: thanks for the concern people he is NOT my regular dentist, my regular dentist is a really good guy but was travelling for a month so I had no choice but to go to another one.. this one was suggested by a friend but sigh as u see was hopeless
The Theme this week is
BEST of 2010 (Your favorite or best photo of 2010)
And I have simply decided to both
The best picture according to me is this… I think it has featured on the blog before too but I love the balance of white and red in it and I think it has come up pretty well
and my most favourite picture of the year without a doubt is this…. Ojas with his great grandpa… with my nanu