For more Y’s go to ABC Wednesday homepage
act like roman………… And When in bangalore like a Banglorean I have become Banglorean a and I can claim this proudly as
- I have started to understand that when u ask for directions and are told a circle, it can be anything from a two lane crossing to a 10 lane circle, when u are told dead end it might just be a crossing too 😉 and most important I have started understanding the distance that we have to go from the length of straaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaight involved 😉
- I have actually stopped cribbing about Bangalore traffic and accepted it as a part and parcel of the city
- I by default add a in the end of the words like lefta, righta etc
- One of my favorite quick eat places are ones which sell Andhra meals
- When someone cribs about Bangalore I think of it as my duty to talk of the city and give him a firm reply…. howmuch ever I might crib myself
- That I now can’t probably think of settling in any other city no not even Delhi…. I am in love in love in love with bangalore weather
- I actually eat idly wada with the orange sambhar
- I have started blaming us the software engg to spoil the lovely city and make its prices higher
- I have started to understand the complicated marriage relations….they marry their own mamma’s and sometimes stay in the same house as a one big family
- I have started keeping ganpati and gauri at home
Thanks Itchy to bring me out of my laziness and prompt me to write this post
So what have u drowned yourself in your city?
PS: have u gonbe to Shruti’s post yet… those lovely paintings are waiting for u ………… 🙂
Ok most of you by now know that I am taking a step towards the biggest item in my bucket list, the most important item in this years resolutions and naa I am not talking about weight here 😉
I am taking about giving a shot at opening something I can call my own, being my own boss 😉 To start with I am going to start something small and something near my passion and something I am good at… no points for guessing its food 😀
So I am planning to start something on the lines of party catering, birthday party snacks and desserts, cocktail bites…. u get the hang of what I am saying…
So what I need your help here is suggestions for the name of such a bussiness… I have something running in my mind but I want more options…
I am going to collect some of what u say and than probably put up the top 3 for voting and if the one that you have mentioned gets selected in top 3, I bake a cake for you that’s a promise… and if you are not in Bangalore, I will try and make something which will survive the courier and send it accross…
So come on be innovative and come up with ideas…. there is no limit to the number of entries you can have…. go ahead and fill the comment space 😀
PS: did u check out Shruti’s giveaway post… please go and tell her u came from here 😉
I love swiss rolls, as a child I remember growing up to it… Black forest cake, butter cream pastries, cream roll (anyone remember those? must make them one of these days) and swiss rolls were the things we grew up on… So when I took up the task of making these, I was pretty nervous and excited…. but it did turn out awesome and we all loved it 🙂
I made it using a chiffon sponge and it was soft spongy and not very heavy… perfect for a swiss roll
For the sponge cake
- Flour 100gms
- Cocoa 15gm
- Baking Powder 3 gm
- Baking Soda a pinch
- Egg Yolk 4-5 depending on how big the egg was
- Sugar Powder 60gm
- Salt a pinch
- Water 75ml
- Oil 60ml
- Egg white 5-6 depending on how big the egg was
- Salt a pinch (yes again)
- Sugar 40gm
For the filling
- Choco truffle cream – 100gms
- Whipped cream – 50gms
- Roasted walnuts – 50gms
- Sift flour, cocca powder, baking powder, baking soda twice
- In a deep bowl mix sugar powder, oil, egg yolks, water and slowly mix to blend together till smooth. This can get tricky, dont be too hard and over mix here
- Beat egg whites, sugar and salt till soft peaks are formed
- Blend the egg white meringue into egg yolk mixture slowly making sure not to loose the volume.
- Fold the dry mixture and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Pour into a 12″x15″ tray which has been greased and lined with butter paper, let the batter be only 1/4″ high maximum
- Bake 180C for about 5-6 mins till done. Remember not to over do it as it will loose the spongyness and softness and will become very dry.
- Let it cool completely and using a butter paper roll and let it set for abour 2 hours.
- Open the roll now and spread a layer of truffle cream on top of the cake.
- Spread the whipped cream and walnuts in a very thin layer on top of the truffle cream of make alternate rows to see the design in the final roll as I did
- Roll again and keep it to set in a butter paper for about 2-3 hours.
- Slice and enjoy
Or in my case distribute it to celebrate the Mindful Meanderings brithday…..The blog we love to participate (errr some of u do no?) and watch the fantastic crafty activities…. that turns 1 and she is giving away a lovely painting and distrubuting this swiss roll for her bday might have some effect on the result…. 😉 So go visit her and leave a comment wishing and tell her u came via here 😉
Oh IHM we love you for this brilliant tag…. and it was passed to me by IHM as well as Ritu
She says If you are woman
Have you ever wanted something that is considered ‘manly’ ? Like a basketball, a cell phone, a dog, a camera or a new laptop? A new car or motor bike? Ever wanted to be a pilot? A doctor or not a nurse? And the manliest want of them all – The remote!
As a kid did you enjoy playing with a bat and a ball?
There was a time when books were considered ‘manly’, women authors had to pretend to be men – would you say books are still rather manly – women should want to embroider and crochet?
So here is the list of my sins which have done
- As a school girl I used to play cricket… yes to all who know me now this will be a shocker as I hate the game now (that is actually due to the fact I think its over hyped in India). I along with the help of our PT teacher in school had actually formed a cricket team and I was the captain 😀 played for about 2 yrs
- I have been driving for 14 years now and I love driving. Speed gives me thrills, I love racing.. I love my long drives when I am the one on the steering wheel… I even drive a SUV (Tata Safari) with ease… I have done a Delhi-Blore drive with N and Delhi-Leh is on soon to be accomplished list… My top speeed in India is is 180kmph and for a long time between N and me I had the record of the highest speed of 170kmph , he has it now for 185kmph… must beat him to it soon 🙂 While we are on driving, I love go carting a sport… There was a time when me and N regular on the go-carting track racing against each other 🙂
- I love love love love my books, always will have a book in my handbag, my car, at my bedside table and I never understand why are books considered manly?
- I have done white water rafting, para-sailing, bungee jumping, water skiing, snorkelling and diving 🙂 and rest of the adventure sports are in my bucket list too
- Moved to a new city and lived all by myself renting a flat and totally enjoyed it
- I share and enjoy all kinds of humour specially dirty humour 😉
- I enjoy drinking and have a policy of never say no to beer, so cheers 😉
- Technology like cameras, cell phones, laptops and yeah internet are my area of expertise in the household… anything needs to be done on this is my duty by default
- I have travelled without any male companion and even alone fearlessly at all times of the night…1 am coming back from office to heading back home after partying till 3 in the morning 😉
- Did the eternal sin of speaking my mind out specially being a girl, if I dont like something I voice it
And I still love my chocolates and roses…..
I still can shop at any time of the day for anything and for however long…
I still love cooking and baking
I still love my jewellery
and yes I cry at the drop of a hat and want my man to pamper me 😉
And while we are at it I have to share this something I have wanted to do at one point of time… (though I am glad I didnt do it 😉 )
Remember all those hindi movies in which hero and herione will have an argument with each other saying that they are equal and they would come up with a series of thing that could be done by both and finally always it would boil down to the guy being able to remove his clothes and the girl cant… So there was a time I would wish to be able to do that but guys if u think thats the only thing u can do which we can’t go ahead we dont mind 😉
And though I love my blue jeans I wont want to be stuck to them for next 12 yrs… so here are the 12 bloggers I tag
The men in the list this is what u have to do
Have you ever wanted something that only women are supposed to want – like bags, shoes, clothes, creams, perfumes, babies, flowers? A peaceful home and a happy family? Have you ever been afraid of the dark or of insects?
As a kid did you ever want to play ‘teacher-teacher’, cooking or did you like playing with a doll? Have you ever enjoyed cooking? Bought something in pink? Loved chocolates?