H is for Hariharan … I love his voice… love the way he sings… The above song is one of the most beautiful song I have ever heard I think… The lyrics, the meanings… awesome… isnt this what the world needs right now… how I wish we could get away with Religion and make the world a peaceful place… a very moving video… It never fails to move me…
Some trivia from Wiki
- Hariharan grew up in Mumbai in a Kerala Iyer family
- Holds a bachelor degrees in science and law
- His debut song was Ajeeb Saaneha Mujh Par Guzar Gaya Yaaron and won him Uttar Pradesh state award, as well as a Best Singer National Award nomination
- He has sung more than 500 Tamil songs which is his highest in his career.
- The year 1996 was a career milestone; he released the fusion album Colonial Cousins with Bombay-based composer/singer Leslie Lewis. This was the first Indian act to be featured on MTV Unplugged. It won a string of awards including the MTV Indian Viewers’ Choice award.
- Hariharan has also acted in a Tamil film with Khushboo, titled Power of Women
- In 2004, he was awarded the prestigious Padma Shri and Yesudas Award for his outstanding performance in music.
His voice has a passion that is so natural…Can u ever forget Bharat humko jaan se pyaara hai
It can move every Indian..
and his claim to fame
Chanda Re, the most beautiful song and N’s favourite
He has sung some lovely ghazals and some with Zakir Hussain too
I just almost all his songs and a lot of his ghazals… finding it so difficult to mention all of them here… so come tell me what are u favourites?
on a side note H is also for Himesh Reshamiya who I absolutely detest
PS: I made this yummy choco marie bites/mini cakes and they came out Yuuuuumy according to Ojas
For the rec hit here